Things have been very interesting in the world of WWE, the New Era has begun led by Stephanie and Shane McMahon. Like many of the fans, I see that the WWE has been presented with a great opportunity to change the landscape of the WWE Universe for the better. Here are the five reasons why this “New Era” will not suck.
The Brand Split
- The rosters will be distinct which means that more talent can be elevated to the main event.
- The travel schedule will be lighter, lessening the amount of injuries to multiple superstars.
- Each show can focus on a specific demographic, RAW will be for the casual fans with vignettes and the “entertainment” portion of WWE. While Smackdown can focus on the “Wrestling” which can keep the IWC and the Smart Marks content.
- The smarks will see less of Roman Reigns
- Possibility of a second World Title or the return of a mid card championship (Cruiserweight or TV Championship)
- Story lines can be fleshed out developed with a slow burn rather than rushing from one angle to another.
The NXT (Soon to be) Call Ups
- Shinsuke Nakamura….. That is all
- Fresh feuds with established stars. Think of he possibilities
- John Cena vs AJ Styles (which is happening right now)
- John Cena vs Bobby Roode
- John Cena vs Finn Balor
- Screw it John Cena vs NXT, ROH, NJPW, TNA
- TNA Invasion?!?!?! (Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries)
Focus on the Women’s Division
- Sasha Banks vs Bayley on the main roster
- Asuka vs Everyone
- With Raw being 3 hours the women can now have time to shine on the main show.
- With the split, a possibility of a second Women’s title (most likley a Tag Team Title) would make sense. So the women can have something to fight for besides the singles title.
The Tag Team Division
- Depth on the roster has been the best since the early 2000s
- Enzo and Cass winning Tag Team gold for the first time
- The New Day still being one of the hottest commodity in WWE
- The Arrival of the the Bull@t Club
- Increased depth within the Tag Team Division with the possible call ups in NXT for The Revival and American Alpha
Smackdown Going Live
- Smackdown can be relevant again.
- By going live the writing staff are forced to actually be creative and create new story lines to establish new main event superstars.
- Smackdown can become the preeminent Wrestling show to watch
- Going live can establish Smackdown as equal to RAW and shedding the “B-show” moniker its had the last few years
In my opinion these are the 5 reasons why the “New Era” will not suck. The WWE Universe wanted something new and now they get what they will get what they have been asking for. It will take some time for these changes to gain some traction, but the future is looking bright for the WWE Universe.