What’s going on heroes? Happy Friday first off, I hope you’re having a great day. That said the cafe is open and we have Saika Cosplay and Art coming into the cafe. So take a seat and get to know Saika Cosplay and Art!
1. What were you like growing up? What were some of the things you were into as a child/teenager?
I personally don’t like talking about my childhood because it was very dark and abusive, but as a teenager I was very shy and quiet and kept to myself most of the time. I really enjoyed anime and gaming and music as a kid while growing up and didn’t have many friends either so I spent most of my time watching anime after school or something.
2. Did those things influence who you’re today?
I guess so haha. I’ve watched over 400+ animes growing up in total and now as an adult I’m more into video gaming and have taken that more seriously.
3. The first cosplay I saw you in was your Bahamut, well done on making that first off. What went into the process of making this costume? Looking at some of the pictures Saturn 7 Photography took, I can tell it wasn’t easy.
Well thanks my boyfriend actually made the armor for me. I actually designed it so it was pretty much a collab with my boyfriend and I. And it took about like 6ish months on and off.
4. What got you into Final Fantasy? I can tell it has an impact on your life. From calling your fan base moogles to a lot of your cosplays being based upon characters from it.
I got into Final Fantasy thanks to my mom who bought me my first FF game which was Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. And then I had 7, 8 and 10 (which 10 is my top fave) and then played the rest from there on growing up. I really enjoyed the stories FF had in each games, I absolutely love the characters and especially the music too.
5. How was your Katsucon? I wish I had the opportunity to met you in person.
Katsucon was fun again it was actually my 4th year going!
6. Off topic question, favorite food?
7. What is your best memory while in cosplay?
Meeting other awesome cosplayers and getting to know them!
8.What is a lesson cosplay has taught you?
To be yourself and be unique. It’s also a great tool to express yourself and your artwork.
9. Off topic question, what is something you’re looking forward to this year?
Um I’m not sure. I’m thinking about going back to college though.
10. What other cosplays are you planning to work on? I know you said Aeon in your next big project.
Well yeah I plan on personifying more aeons from Final Fantasy in the future. I also have plans to cosplay as regular FF characters as well and possibly characters from other video games/anime series too.
11. What conventions can people find you at later this year?
Most likely Colossalcon and Colossalcon East. I really wish I could go to more though.
12. Final question, anything you want to say to your fans?
I don’t like the word fan so much but I do really appreciate them all very dearly!
As always social media links are posted down below. So be sure to give Saika a follow when you get a chance too.
Coming to the cafe next week is….