Happy Friday everyone! Before The Last Jedi trailer drops in thirty minutes or so. I had to deliver this episode of Cosplay Cafe early. Cap Santiago makes his return to the cafe. For those new, you get a chance to know him. Older fans, you get to catch up with Cap. So it’s a win-win for everyone. As always interview is down below.
1. What were you like growing up? What were you into a child/teenager?
I was into Basketball and Professional Wrestling. That was my dream to become a professional wrestler.
2. Did those things influence who you’re today?
It sure did , it taught me Showmanship and confidence.
3. What is it like being featured in Men Vs Cosplay?
I am very honored to be part of the calendar as it was coming along from the ground up. But what I am especially proud of is to be the God Father of Men Vs. Cosplay and helping in part of paving the way for all the male cosplayers to get their recognition.
4. So you won third place at New York Comic-Con costume contest. What was that experience like? After seeing the video I need to know more.
Well I didn’t hear my name when they announced the overall winners so when my name was called for 3rd place one of the staff from Reedpop grabbed me (since they were on a schedule) and pushed me on stage so I was caught off guard and didn’t know what to do next since we weren’t given any direction as what to do and where to stand if we won lol. I hate seeing that video, I look like such a dork when I should look cool excepting 3rd place.
5. Someone’s Nova costume was actually a variant cover for Marvel. I can’t imagine what that must have felt like. Especially being a huge comic book fan yourself. What was that like making that achievement?
I remember back in 2009 when I was dressed as Bucky Cap(Bucky as Captain America)and I was featured in Captain America #602. I said to myself I am going to be on the cover of a Marvel comic. It took a few years but I made it lol. It was important to me I make the cover of Nova as epic as possible, that pic on the cover I did that jump at least 8 times just to get it right.
6. Off topic question, favorite food?
Pizza , pizza and more pizza , I do love Chicago deep dish Pizza , It’s like having sex.
7. One thing I’ve always enjoyed about your cosplay photos is how you embody that character. How do you go about doing that because you make it look easy?
It is easy when you’re a fan of the particular character you’re dressing up as it should come easy.I also study pics I find from comic strips and online to figure out how I will embody the character for photos.
8. Favorite memory while in cosplay?
I was handed weed while dressed as Bucky Captain America. No, I did not smoke it, I gave it to my Uncle lol.
9.What are you looking forward to this year?
Working part time this season with the ASPCA in the Kitten Nursery. I am very passionate about animal rescue and being a strength to animals that have no voice.
10. Do you have any cosplays you’re working on at the moment?
I did Hawkman for Emerald City Comic Con and won first place in the FX Catagory. Let’s talk about what I want to still do. I want to put together the 2016 Ghostbusters and I’ll be Kevin so if there are any takers lets make Bacon.
11. What conventions can people find you at this year?
Definitely New York Comic Con , Puerto Rico Comic Con , I am trying to go to San Diego Comic Con so maybe you might see me there and maybe ComiCONN
12. Final question, anything you want to say to your fans?
Don’t stop the feeeeelin , also check me out /contact me through my social media :
Cap Santiago @facebook
As always it’s a blast hanging out and catching up with Cap Santiago. Be sure to follow him on all of his social media accounts. I hope he can make the 2016 Ghostbusters group a reality.
Coming to the cafe next week is….