Recently the official website for Cyborg 009 Call of Justice has updated with a trailer for the film. The trailer features the series’ theme song titled “, A.I. am Human,” performed by Monky Majik. The film will be split in three parts and they will all premiere as a special limited theatrical releases. The film series is apart of the franchise’s 50th anniversary.
The film schedule will go as follows.
- Part 1 – November 25
- Part 2 – December 2
- Part 3 – December 9
The cast of the film includes:
- Keisuke Koumoto – 009/Joe Shimamura
- Risa Taneda – 003/Françoise Arnoul
- Misato Fukuen – 001/Ivan Whisky
- Takuya Satō – 002/Jet Link
- Satoshi Hino – 004/Albert Heinrich
- Kenji Nomura – 005/Geronimo Jr
- Mitsuaki Madono – 006/Chang Changku
- Setsuji Satoh – 007/Great Britain
- Haruki Ishiya – 008/Pyunma
The production cast includes:
- Kenji Kamiyama – Chief Director
- Koudai Kakimoto – Director
- Signal.MD – Animation Team
- Ishinomori Productions , Production I.G – Character Designing
ANN posted the story for the film.
The story will depict Joe Shimamura and the other cyborgs’ struggle with the Bresudo, a group of people who possess superhuman powers and intellect, and have manipulated human history since ancient times. Bresudo’s goals are unknown, and they cast a dark shadow over the world.
Although only a few people believe in the Bresudo’s existence, one journalist named Lucy Davenport heads to Texas to contact a certain family, and she meets the cyborgs. The cyborgs themselves have been freed from their duty of protecting humanity ever since the establishment of the UN Guardian troops, and they now live quiet lives of peace. However, Lucy’s visit and the return of the Bresudo draw Joe and the others once more into battle.