Last night, Netflix Anime Festival 2020 announced new details regarding the upcoming Godzilla anime, Godzilla: Singular Point. These new details include a premise of its story, staff members, visuals, and the first trailer. This series will feature young geniuses encountering and tackle the alarming threat of kaiju. Our team of heroes will consist of the young man, Mei Kamino, an unnamed female researcher, and the engineer Yun Arikawa, as well as their associates. Below is the trailer from Netflix which features several iconic Toho monsters in their updated designs such as Rodan, Anguirus, and Baragon.
As reported previously, the series will be produced by BONES and Orange, with Atsushi Takahashi (Blue Exorcist series) serving as the director. Science-fiction novelist Toh Enjoe is the screenwriter for this anime, and this is being credited as his first television production. Then characters are being designed by Blue Exorcist creator, Kazue Katō and the kaiju are being designed by Ghibli animator, Eiji Yamamori. Whereas, Kan Sawada is composing the series’ score.
Now, the official website is active and it lists even staff members and their positions. Adapting Kazue Katō’s character designs for animation is Satoshi Ishino (Date A Live, Excel Saga). The CG team for the production will consist of Ryuichi Ikeuchi, Yuushi Koshida, and Masashi Suzuki. Also, it should be noted that Ikeuchi and Koshida previously worked together on Devil Survivor 2 and Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Then directing the visual effects is Kensuke Yamamoto (Code Geass: Akito the Exiled). Other staff members include:
- Military Researcher: Keigo Koyanagi (Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan)
- Art Design: Akihiro Hirasawa (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)
- Art Director: Norihiko Yokomatsu (Bleach, Naruto Shippūden)
- Color Key Artist: Azusa Sasaki (Fairy Tale, Sword Art Online)
- Compositing Director of Photography: Yu Wakabayashi (Attack on Titan, EUREKA SEVEN AO)
- Editor: Rie Matsubara (Gintama)
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Blue Exorcist, Eureka Seven series, Ghost in the Shell series)
Godzilla: Singular Point will premiere on Japan’s Tokyo MX and other channels in April 2021. Following its televised run in Japan, Netflix will stream the series exclusively for worldwide distribution.