The official website for the Golden Kamuy anime has updated with new details about the upcoming series. For those who are unaware, the anime series is based on the manga series by Satoru Noda of the same name. Noda launched the manga in Shueisha’s Young Jump magazine in 2014 and the first volume was released internationally by Viz Media on June 20, 2017.
First, a visual for the series was revealed.
The series will debut in Japan on April 9 on Toyko MX at 11:00 P.M. JST and later on YTV, Sapporo TV, and BS11. The series will also air on the Jidaigeki Senmon Channel on April 13. The anime will also be available for streaming exclusively in Japan on the Fuji-On Demand (FOD) on April 9 at 11:30 P.M. JST.
The anime’s theme song will be titled, “Winding Road,” and performed by MAN WITH A MISSION and the ending theme song will be titled, “Hibana,” which will be performed by the band, The Sixth Lie.
The cast consists of:
- Chikahiro Kobayashi: Saichi Sugimoto
- Haruka Shiraishi: Asirpa
- Kentarou Itou: “The Escape King” Yoshitake Shiraishi
- Houchu Ohtsuka: First Lieutenant Tsurumi
- Kenjiro Tsuda: Hyakunosuke Ogata
- Yoshimasa Hosoya: Genjirō Tanigaki
- Jouji Nakata: Toshizō Hijikata
- Kenji Nomura: Tatsuuma Ushiyama
- Takayuki Sugo: Shinpachi Nagakura
The production team consists of:
- Hitoshi Nanba: Director
- Noboru Takagi: Series Scripts
- Kenichi Ohnuki: Character Designer
- Jin Aketagawa: Sound Director at Magic Capsule
- Hiroshi Nakagawa: Ainu Language Supervisor
- Eugenio Uzhinin: Russian Language Supervisor
- Kenichiro Suehiro: Music Composer
- Geno Studio: Production Studio
Viz Media provided a synopsis for the first volume of the manga.
In the early twentieth century, Russo-Japanese War veteran Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto scratches out a meager existence during the postwar gold rush in the wilderness of Hokkaido. When he stumbles across a map to a fortune in hidden Ainu gold, he sets off on a treacherous quest to find it. But Sugimoto is not the only interested party, and everyone who knows about the gold will kill to possess it! Faced with the harsh conditions of the northern wilderness, ruthless criminals and rogue Japanese soldiers, Sugimoto will need all his skills and luck—and the help of an Ainu girl named Asirpa—to survive.