Earlier today, Toei released the production information and synopsis for the next Super Sentai series. The 45th entry in the long running franchise will officially be titled, “Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger.” Whereas, the series will premiere on TV Asahi on March 7 at 9:30 AM. However, more details will be revealed during the press conference, which will be held on January 15, 2021.
This series will revolve around a group of heroes who are trying to save the world against enemies who seek to destroy all parallel worlds. A human hero will be teaming up with four robots to stop them from destroying these worlds. Now, unlike previous series in the franchise the robot heroes will also be the giant mechas themselves. Additionally, the robot heroes will also fight enemies at regular size. The main gimmick of the series will be known as the “Sentai Gear,” which contain the powers of the previous Sentai heroes. The team’s main weapon will be called the “Gear Tlinger,” which will also serve as their Henshin device.
These robot heroes will also feature designs based on several of the previous Sentai mecha. They include:
- ZenkaiGaon: GaoKing (25)
- ZenkaiZyuran: Daizyujin (16)
- ZenkaiMagine: MagiKing (29)
- ZenkaiVroom: DaiBouken (30
The production team of the series includes:
- Shojiro Nakazawa and others: Directors
- Hirofumi Fukuzawa: Action Director
- Hiroshi Butsuda: SFX Director
- Chihiro Inoue, Shinichiro Shirakura, Naomi Takebe, Koichi Yada, Akihiro Fukada: Producers
- Junko Komura and others: Screenplay