The official Mazinger Z: Infinity website has updated with new details about the upcoming film. It has been revealed that Great Mazinger will also be making an appearance in the film. Great Mazinger is the main character that appears in the anime/ manga of the same name. The anime series ran from September 8, 1974 – September 28, 1975. The manga series was published by Kodansha in October 1974 and ran until October 1975. The manga ran for 2 volumes.
The website also revealed the cast members for the film.
The cast members include:
- Toshihiko Seki: Tetsuya Tsurugi – A hero who helped Koji Kabuto save the world
- Ami Koshimizu: Jun Honoo- A retired solider who fought alongside Tetsuya who eventually married him. She is now pregnant with his child.
- Keiji Fujiwara: Count Brocken – One of Dr. Hell’s cohorts.
- Azusa Tadokoro & Miku Itō: Mazin-Girls (The Combined Army’s fighting idols)
- Showtaro Morikubo: Koji Kabuto – The hero of the original Magaziner Z anime series. After retirement he became a researcher
- Ai Kayano: Sayaka Yumi: The current head of the Photon Research Laboratory and also the lead heroine
- Sumire Uesaka: Lisa – A girl with mysterious origins who is the key to the main story
- Natsuki Hanae: Shiro Kabuto – Koji’s reliable friend
- Natsuki Hanae: A gifted young pilot and is also Koji’s brother
- Wataru Takagi: Boss – Koji’s oldest friend and ally
- Kappei Yamaguchi: Mucha – One of Boss’ associates
- Masami Kikuchi: Nuke – Another of Boss’ associates
- Junpei Morita: Prime Minister Yumi – The current prime minster of Japan and is also Sayaka’s father
- Bin Shimada: Dr. Nossori – One of the scientists who is very slow
- Kozo Shioya: Dr. Sewashi – Another scientist who loves research
- Unsho Ishizuka: Dr. Hell – The main villain who is looking towards world domination
Toei provided a synopsis for the film.
Humanity was once in danger of its downfall at the hands of the Underground Empire, which was led by the evil scientist Dr. Hell. Koji Kabuto piloted the super robot Mazinger Z, and with help from his friends at the Photon Power Laboratory, he thwarted Dr. Hell’s evil ambitions and returned peace to the world.
It’s been ten years since then… No longer a pilot, Koji Kabuto has taken after his father and grandfather by starting down the path of the scientist. He encounters a gigantic structure buried deep beneath Mt. Fuji, along with a mysterious indication of life…
New encounters, new threats, and a new fate await mankind. The former hero Koji Kabuto has a decision to make about the future: whether to be a god or a demon…
This grand action film depicts the fierce battle fought by the people and Mazinger Z–once again entrusted with the future of mankind!
The film is set to premiere in Japan on January 13, 2018