It has recently been revealed that Netflix has acquired the global streaming rights (exception of Canada) for ReBoot: The Guardian Code. For those who aren’t familiar with the project, the series is a live-action CGI reboot of the series that originally premiered on YTV in Canada in 1994 and ran until 2001. The series also aired on the ABC Network in the US. The new series will be arriving on the service on March 30 and will also be airing on YTV in Canada starting in June.
Corus Entertainment provided a synopsis for the series.
Netflix’s ReBoot: The Guardian Code is a thrilling hybrid live-action/CG-animated original series following the journey of four teenagers, Austin, Parker, Tamra, and Trey. On their first day at Alan Turning High, these unsuspecting teens discover they’ve been preselected to become the Next-Generation Guardians of Cyberspace with a mission to save the world – by defending it in cyberspace. With the help of VERA, ReBoot’s heroes digitize into cyberspace where they use their code-based powers to combat viruses unleashed by a merciless hacker. Known only as ‘Sourcerer’, this devious hacker seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace, and it’s up to the Guardians to stop him.
The production team includes:
- Michael Hefferson: Creator/ Execution Producer
- Larry Raskin, Matt Sheppo: Executive Producers
- Larry Raskin: Showrunner
- Pat Williams: Director
- Michael Dowding: Supervising Director of Animation
- Mainframe Studios, Reboot Productions, Wow Unlimited Media Inc.: Production Studios
- Corus Entertainment Nelvana: Distributor
The cast consists of:
- Ty Wood: Austin
- Sydney Scotia: Tamra
- Ajay Praikh-Friese: Parker
- Gabriel Darku: Trey
- Hannah Vandenbygaart: VERA
- Timothy E. Brummund: Megabyte
- Bob Frazer: Sourcerer
- Octavian Kaul: Enzo
- Nicholas Lea: Mark Rowin
- Kirsten Robek: Judy
- Alex Zahara: Alpha Sentinel