Recently, Toei held the official press conference for the next upcoming installment in the Super Sentai series. Titled, Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger, this installment will feature the series returning to the usual standalone season format. Whereas, the previous series, Avataro Sentai Donbrothers, that is concluding its run was a loose sequel to 2021’s Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger. However, since Zenkaiger, crossover previews for the next show have been occurring to showcase the new mecha. So, for those who watch Super Sentai weekly, they are already caught up with recent events. Anyway, as one can expect, the annual press conference actually reveals who will be portraying the titular team. In addition, the press conference revealed more details regarding the series’ premise, and its theme songs. So, without further ado, let us rundown what we learned today from the event, and King-Ohgers’ section on TV-Asahi’s website.
The following are brief summaries on the team:
- Gira is from the industrial Kingdom of Shugoddam, where he is the “self-proclaimed” king. He grew up in an orphanage, but is a kind-hearted man that sacrifices himself for the sake of children. However, following a certain event, he will call himself the Evil King, and claims that “he will rule the world!” Yet, what is meaning behind this possible change in character?
- Yanma Gust is the king of N’Kosopa, a country centered on technology. He came from a slum, and made himself a king through a single computer. However, because he came from poverty, he has a foul mouth, insults people, and gets into fights. Yet, he really cares about friends more than anything else, and is a passionate brotherly figure.
- Himeno Ran is the Queen of Ishabana, a country that focuses on beauty and medicine. She comes off as a super selfish person, but she is an excellent doctor help patients whenever she can.
- Rita Kaniska is the King of Gokkan, the Land of Ice and Snow, and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. A king of absolute neutrality who of few words and judges people with unequaled ruthlessness. Because of their environment surrounded by snowy mountains, they do not show much emotion.
- Kaguragi Dibousuki is the King of Toufu, that is an agricultural country. He appears to be a kind man, but he is not good at cooperating with anyone. Especially, since he is a man that will lie without hesitation if it benefits himself, or his country.
Other Cast Members
Lacleth Hastie is the true King of Shugoddam, having succeeded his father, Corsus Hastie. Upon being crowned as the king, Lacleth became the most powerful person in the world. He units the five kingdoms together with his unparalleled leadership, while maintaining a high trust from the public. Lacleth has two members within his entourage, Douga and Bosimard, who assist him with his duties.
The Other Kingdoms’ Aides
The Earth Empire Bugnarak
- King Deznarak VIII seeks to rewrite the balance of power between humans and the Bugnarak by finding hidden treasures. Under his rule, the Bugnarak are referred to as an underground kingdom.
- Prime Minister Kamejin researches insect-type machine lifeforms to strengthen the Bugnarak. Following his advancements, the Bugnarak become monsters and obtain the ability to grow larger.
Additionally, the press conference announced that Osama Sentai King-Ohger’s theme song will be performed by artist, Takayuki Furukawa. Whereas, the theme song is titled, Zenryoku-King, which fully translates to Full Power-King. Then in regards to the series staff, it was confirmed in December that Minato Takano would be the head writer. Also, during that announcement it was confirmed that action director Jun Watanabe, and SFX director Hiroshi Butsuda would be returning. Furthermore, in December, Kamen Rider series director Kazuya Kamihoriuchi was confirmed to be King-Ohger’s primary director. Although, we know now that the series’ producers will consist of Koichi Yada, Takehiro Okawa, and Takehiro Omori. Coincidentally, we have learned that Kamen Rider Zero-One’s composer, Go Sakabe will oversee King-Ohger’s score.
Now, this concludes our coverage on the Osama Sentai King-Ohger Press Conference. For those unaware, the series is scheduled to premiere on Sunday, March 5 at 9:30 am JST. Also, as mentioned earlier, King-Ohger will be replacing Avataro Sentai Donbrothers on TV-Asahi’s Super Hero Time programming block. Nevertheless, readers thanks again for visiting the site, and please make sure to follow Hero-Club across social media using @HeroClub4Life!