Today, Toei held the official unveiling press conference for the next installment in the Kamen Rider franchise! Titled, Kamen Rider Zero-One, the series is the 30th entry, and the first official main Kamen Rider series to air in the Reiwa Era. During the press conference Toei revealed the main cast, the official trailer, and provided a summary for the series.
Kamen Rider Zero-One’s Story:
The series occurs in world where society has advanced, developing artificial intelligence systems referred to as Human Gear to assist with everyday tasks. The Human Gear are indistinguishable from normal human beings, with majority of the world’s AI systems ar created the Hiden Intelligence company.
However, the world is under attack by the terrorist organization, DestructionLightning.net, who hack into Human Gear to reprogram them to destroy humanity. The government quickly established A.I.M.S. (Ames), an anti-artificial intelligence special service organization in response to the attacks, and reports directly to the Secretary of the Cabinet. A.I.M.S.’ goal is to destroy corrupted Human Gear and take down, DestructionLightning.net.
Now, our protagonist and main Kamen Rider, Aruto Hiden has recently been appoint as the new CEO of Hiden Intelligence. Aruto was appointed through his dying grandfather’s will, to take inherit the family company. At first, Aruto is not interested in being the president of the company, but once he sees first-hand the effects of the Human Gear hacks, Aruto becomes willing to fight back; Aruto then becomes in possession of the “Hiden Zero-One Driver” meant only for the president of Hiden Intelligence, to transform and become Kamen Rider Zero-One! Moving forward, Aruto will be forced to clash with DestructionLightning.net and A.I.M.S. too, as a new AI development competition goes into full-effect!
- Aruto Hiden/ Kamen Rider Zero-One portrayed by Fumiya Takahashi, as mention is our protagonist. Aruto has recently been appointed to being the CEO of Hiden Intelligence, after the company is willed to him by his grandfather. However, this forces him to quit his profession as a comedian…
- Isao Fuwa/ Kamen Rider Vulcan portrayed by Ryutaro Okada, is the secondary Rider and will not see eye-to-eye with Zero-One. Often the two are seen fighting with one another.
- Yua Yaiba/ Kamen Rider Valkyrie portrayed by Hiroe Igeta, is a member of A.I.M.S. who works with Kamen Rider Vulcan.
- Izu the AI Robot, portrayed by Noa Tsurushima, assists Aruto as the CEO of Hiden Intelligence and as Kamen Rider Zero-One.
- Jin, portrayed by Daisuke Nakagawa, is a member of the terrorist group, DestructionLightning.net. He is a childish character that makes the Human Gears run wild across Japan.
- Horobi, portrayed by Shuuya Sunagawa, is a mysterious hacker, who hide his motives for the crimes that he commits.
- Jun Fukuzoe, portrayed Kojima Kazuya, is the Hiden Intelligence sub chief.
- Director – Teruaki Sugihara, known for previously directing Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger & Uchu Sentai Kyuranger
- Producers – Chihiro Inoue (New producer) & Takahito Omori (known for producing Kamen Rider Hibiki, Den-O, and Kiva. However, served as chief producer on Kamen Rider Drive, Ex-Aid, and Build.)
- Main Writer – Yuya Takahashi, the former head writer of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
- Music – Go Sakabe, composer of the Digimon Adventure tri. films and Kamen Rider Ghost
- Action Director – Jun Watanabe, prolific stunt performer and suit actor at Toei.
— Aimant (@aimant_9305) July 17, 2019
Kamen Rider Zero-One is set to premiere on TV Asahi on September 1st, 2019 at 9:00 am. The series will succeed Kamen Rider Zi-O, which is the final Kamen Rider series in the Heisei era.