Viz Media has recently announced they have licensed the second season for the One Punch Man anime series. Under this license, the company will be holding the main rights for”…digital streaming, TV broadcast, electronic sell-through, home media, and merchandising rights for North America, Latin America and Oceania.”
Announcement: Saitama’s back! VIZ is set to bring One-Punch Man Season 2 to fans. We’re not pulling any punches! pic.twitter.com/dlrdqq6wvK
— VIZ (@VIZMedia) May 16, 2018
The second season’s staff includes:
- Chikara Sakurai (Replacing Shingo Natsume): Director
- Yoshikazu Iwanami (Replacing Shoji Hata): Sound Director
- Chikashi Kubota: Character Designer
- Tomohiro Suzuki: Series Composition
- Makoto Miyazaki: Music Composer
- J.C Staff, Madhouse: Production
The main cast will return to reprise their roles.
The first season of One Punch Man premiered in Japan in 2015 and ran for 12 episodes. The series is also available for streaming by Viz Media and Daisuki. The series also aired on Toonami in July 2016. Viz Media released the first season of the series on home video in 2017.