The official Cyborg 009 website has recently updated with the announcement that Yui Makino will be joining the cast of the upcoming Cyborg 009 Call of Justice film. She will be playing Lieutenant Katarina Canetti in the film.
ANN posted a short bio of the character.
In the anime, Canetti is a cool, composed Lieutenant of the “Guardians,” the United Nations’ counter-terrorist special forces. She is under orders to pursue the cyborgs, but also carries a certain secret, and will be key to the anime’s narrative.
The cast now consists of:
- Misato Fukuen – 001/Ivan Whisky
- Takuya Satō – 002/Jet Link
- Risa Taneda – 003/Françoise Arnoul
- Satoshi Hino as 004/Albert Heinrich
- Kenji Nomura as 005/Geronimo Jr
- Mitsuaki Madono as 006/Chang Changku
- Setsuji Satoh as 007/Great Britain
- Haruki Ishiya as 008/Pyunma
- Keisuke Koumoto – 009/Joe Shimamura
- Yui Makino – Lieutenant Katarina Canetti
The film schedule will go as follows.
- Part 1 – November 25
- Part 2 – December 2
- Part 3 – December 9