Happy Friday Club Members! Another cosplayer has come to the cafe. Our guest i none other than Song Ja Park, a fantastic cosplayer that I had the honor interviewing a couple of years ago. It is a privilege being able to work with her once again, so without talking too much, check out the interview down below.
1.What were you like growing up? What were you like as a child/teenager?
I was not very social and awkward. I’m still very awkward with the regular person. That’s why I love being apart of the Anime/Comic/Geek community. We all kind of get each other!
2. Did those things influence who you’re today?
I’m still very awkward but cosplaying and going to conventions have really made me become more social.
3. Last time we talked, you hadn’t dabbled into armor making. So what was it like making your Wizard costume from Diablo?
Making large pieces of armor for the first time was a challenging and fun experience! I enjoy trying new things and learning from my mistakes. Although I am pretty happy with how this first armored cosplay turned out, there are many flaws I see and hope to improve on.
4. Will you be making more armor costumes in the future?
I will most defiantly be making more armor based cosplays. I hope to improve and learn while doing so!
5. What goes into your “after dark” photoshoots? You make sensual/soft look easy as Rei and D.Va.
This is kind of a difficult topic. Many see these shoots as a cry for attention and/or for more likes. To me it’s a chance to see a character in a different light. Luckily I have worked with some wonderful photographers that want the same sophisticated and soft feel as I do for these sets.
6. Off topic question, favorite food?
I really love all food. Pining down one favorite isn’t going to happen!
7. Cake Shop Couture is a business you run. Can you tell the audience some of the items you sell on there.
I make and sell a lot of products, Mostly it is comic themed dresses and varsity style jackets. I also sell at local conventions a more wide selection of every thing I offer including Japanese street fashion accessories and clothing.
8. Second off topic question. For those who don’t know, Song Ja Park is into cars. So my question here is have any newer cars caught your interest?
I do love import cars, especially Toyota’s! The FRS I have had my eye on for a while now!
9. Any cosplayers or photographers you want to work with this year?
I have many cosplay friends I would love to cosplay with again. It’s so much fun to cosplay with others as a group! There are so many talented photographers! I hope to work with a new one each each if I can!
10. Funniest memory while in cosplay? I’m sure you have to have a few you can share.
A lot of the characters I cosplay wear high heeled boots or shoes. At the end of the convention day you will see me barely being able to stand on my two feet due to the pain. It’s always kinda funny to watch and I laugh at myself for it every time it happens.
11. What conventions can people find you at this year?
This year I will not be at to many out of state conventions. I’ll be at Phoenix Comicon, Saboten Con and hopefully BlizzCon.
12. Final question, anything you want to say to your fans?
Thank you. Seriously, Thank you. I’m so happy to know I make peoples days better with my art. Being able to brighten someones day is a joy!
And that brings the cafe to a close for the time being. As always links to find Song Ja Park are down below.
Coming to the cafe next week is none other than….
Cutiepiesensei Cosplay, so until then. I’m still XBen3000 and I’m out! Have a great weekend!