Recently the TOHO Animation Youtube channel has updated with a trailer for Studio Trigger and XFlag’s collaboration project, Promare. The trailer reveals that their project will be a film project, and will receive a theatrical release in Japan in 2019.
The official website for the project also revealed an official visual as well as a reveal of the staff. According to ANN, the tagline for the visual translates as “The world ablaze.”
The staff includes:
- Studio Trigger, Kazuki Nakashima: Original Work
- Hiroyuji Imaishi: Director
- Kazuki Nakashima: Script Writer
- Shigeto Koyama: Character/Mechanical Designer
- Sushio: Animation
- Tomotaka Kubo: Art Director
- Saishi Ichiko: Logo Designer
- Hiroyuki Sawano: Music Composer
- SANZIGEN: 3DCG Animation
- XFlag: Production
- TOHO: Distribution
The film’s protagonist is named Galo who is a newest member of a rescue team. The mecha featured in the series will be known as the “Matoi-Tech,” which is a reference to the “matoi” banners that were used by firefighters in the Edo-period in Japan.