Netflix has begun shooting their live-action adaptation of the popular anime/manga, “Death Note”. Photos from the set featuring L (Keith Stanfield) in disguise addressing the press, quickly appeared on the internet, as seen bellow.
Current known cast for the adaptation is as followed:
- Light Turner (Light Yagami): Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars)
- Mia Sutton (Misa Amane): Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)
- L: Keith Stanfield (Straight Outta Compton)
- Watari: Paul Nakauchi (Overwatch)
- James Turner (Souichiro Yagami): Shea Whigham (Agent Carter)
The series is currently filming in Vancouver, with filming expected to wrap up by August 30th. Netflix intends to stream the series on their service next year in 2017.