The official Star Trek website has updated with the reveal of the cast for the Star Trek: Prodigy animated series. For those who are not aware, the series is an upcoming animated series that will premiere on Paramount+ and Nickelodeon later this year. As reported earlier the first season of the series will consist of 10 episodes. With addition to the cast list, the website also provided a short description for each character.
The cast includes:
- Rylee Alazraqui: Rok-Tahk (Brikar) “A Brikar and an unusually bright eight-year-old girl. Rok is a bit shy, but not when it comes to her love for animals.”
- Brett Gray: Dal (17 years old/ species unknown) – “he fancies himself a maverick, who even in the toughest times, holds strong onto his unwavering hope.”
- Angus Imrie: Zero (Medusan): a noncorporeal, genderless, energy-based lifeform. Since others would go mad at the sight of their true self, Zero wears a containment suit they made themselves to protect others.”
- Jason Mantzoukas: Jankom Pog (16-year-old Tellarite) – “Tellarites are known to relish an argument, and Jankom is no different. Regardless of opinion, he will always play ‘devil’s advocate’ for the sake of hearing all sides.”
- Ella Purnell: Gwyn (17-year-old Vau N’Akat) – “a Vau N’Akat who was raised on her father’s bleak mining planet and grew up dreaming to explore the stars.”
- Dee Bradley Baker: Murf (age and species unknown) – “…an endearing, indestructible blob with curiously good timing and an insatiable appetite for ship parts.”
- Kate Mulgrew – Kathryn Janeway
No other details are confirmed at this time so stay tuned for updaes.
Source: Star Trek