The official Fire Force anime website has updated with the announcement that Tomoaki Maeno will be joining the cast for the series as Konro Sagamiya. Konro is the company commander for Company 7. His battalion commander is Benimaru Shinmon.
The cast now consists of:
- Gakuto Kajiwara: Shinra Kusakabe
- Yusuke Koboyashi: Arthur Boyle
- M.A.O.: Iris
- Saeko Kamijō: Maki Oze
- Kenichi Suzumura: Takehisa Hinawa
- Kazuya Nakai: Akitaru Ōbi
- Daisuke Sakaguchi: Victor Licht
- Aoi Yūki: Kotatsu Tamaki
- Taiten Kusunoki: Leonard Burns
- Tomokazu Seki: Rekka Hoshimiya
- Kazuyuki Okitsu: Karim Fulham
- Satoshi Hino: Foien Li
- Katsuyuki Konishi: Takeru Noto
- Lynn: Princess Hibana
- Mamoru Miyano: Benimaru Shinmon
- Tomoaki Maeno: Konro Sagamiya
As reported earlier, the series will premiere in Japan on July 5 and will also available on FunimationNow.
Kodansha provided a description for the manga series.
Terror has paralyzed the clockwork metropolis of Tokyo! Possessed by demons, people have begun to burst into flame, leading to the establishment of a special firefighting team: the Fire Force, ready to roll on a moment’s notice to fight spontaneous combustion anywhere it might break out. The team is about to get a very unique addition: Shinra, a boy who possesses the unique power to run at the speed of a rocket, leaving behind the famous “devil’s footprints” (and destroying his shoes in the process). Can the Fire Force discover the source of this strange phenomenon and put a stop to it? Or will the city burn to ashes first?