Recently Mashiro Sakurai held a Mr. Sakurai Presents presentation, which focused on Pyra/ Mythra. For those who are not aware, the duo was first announced as the next fighter in the Second Fighters Pass.
First, Sakurai took a look at the new stage. The stage will be known as the Cloud Sea of Alrest. The stage will feature the various Titans from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well as the various main characters from the base game. During play, over time Azurda will bend his neck towards the background looking at the titans so it will be harder to grab back onto the stage.
Next, he went over Pyra/ Mythra’s movesets. Depending on which character is being controlled they will have different effects and abilities. Similar to some other fighters, players will be able to change between the two characters on the character select screen by pressing the Y button. Pyra will focus more on power while Mythra will focus more on speed. Additionally, both characters will feature different jump and run speeds. While he did not end up becoming the Fighter representative, Rex will appear in taunts, Final Smashes, and on the victory screen.
The movesets consist of:
- Down Special – Change to Pyra and Mythra
- Side Smash – Flare Smash (Pyra), Foresight (Mythra)
- Neutral – Upward Swing
- Dash Attack – Easy to KO Opponents (Pyra), Easily close gaps (Mythra)
- Tilt Attack – Create of flurry of blows / Effective for building damage
- Smash Attack – Stronger Attack (Pyra), Faster Attack (Mythra)
- Up Smash – Strong Single Attack (Pyra) , Multiple Strikes (Mythra),
- Down Smash – Hits both sides
- Neutral Air – Single (Pyra), Multiple (Mythra)
- Down Air – Pyra (Meteor)
- Throw – Throws Harder, but more risk (Pyra), Throw has less risk (Mythra)
- Neutral Special – Flame Nova (Pyra), Lightning Buster (Mythra)
- Side Special – Blazing End (Pyra), Photon Edge (Mythra)
- Up Special – Prominence Revolt (Pyra), Ray of Punishment – Repeat Chroma Dush (Mythra)
- Final Smash – Burning Sword (Pyra), Sacred Arrow (Mythra)
Sakurai also took a look at the various alternate costume variants for Pyra and Mythra.
The player variants include:
- P2 – Pneuma
- P3 – Inverted Color Schemes
- P4 – Cat Ear Hood (Pyra), Nia (Mythra)
- P5 – Dark Colors
- P6 – Tricolor, Aeronautical look
- P7 – Alternate Standard Colors
- P8 – “Platinum”
Fourth, Sakurai revealed the songs that will be included with Pyra and Mythra.
The song list includes:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Medley
- A Ship in a Stormy Sea
- Crossing Swords
- Tiger! Tiger!
- Death Match with Torna
- You Will Recall Our Names
- Driver Vs
- Mor Ardain – Roaming the Wastes –
- Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate
- Praetor Amalthus – The Acting God –
Fifth, Sakurai took a look at the spirit board, which consists of returning spirits as well as some new ones.
Sixth, Sakurai revealed the next round of Mii Fighter Costumes. Each costume will be priced at $.75 each. None of the costumes will be apart of the Fighters Pass.
The costumes include:
- Hunter Equipment Male (Monster Hunter)
- Rathalos Equipment (Monster Hunter)
- Felyne Hat (Monster Hunter)
- Arthur (Ghosts’ n Goblins)
Lastly, Sakurai revealed that Pyra and Mythra as well as the Mii Fighter costumes will be available later today. They will be apart of the Second Fighters Pass and will also be available separately priced at $5.99.