Masahiro Sakurai recently held a Super Smash Bros Ultimate presentation, which featured a look at Terry Bogard, who is the next fighter that will be available in the Fighters Pass. First he explained some brief history of the Neo Geo and Fatal Fury. Next he explained some new details about Terry Bogard in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Similar to Ryu and Ken, Terry will require button inputs in order to initiate his attacks.
His attacks include:
- Neutral Attacks: Jab, Body Blow, High Kick
- Dash Attack: Power Charge
- Tilt Attacks: Middle Kick, Rising Upper, Under Kick
- Smash Attacks
Backspin Kick (Strong Attack),
Up Smash: Wild Upper
Down Smash: Slide Kick
- Mid Air Moves
Neutral Air: Chop
Forward Air: Jump Kick
Back Air: Jump Backward Kick
Up Air: Somersault KickDown Air: Jump Karate Punch (Meteor Effect)
Forward Throw: Buster Throw
Back Throw: Buster Throw
Down Throw: Neck Breaker Drop
Up Throw: Grasping Upper
- Dodge Attack – Button to Counter – Become Invincible
- Special Attacks
Neutral Special – Power Wave (Weak and Strong Held) – Can be used in Air
Special – Burning Knuckle (Weak and Strong and has Command Input) – Four Variations
- Side Specials – Two Variations
Side Special: Crack Shoot
Side Special: Crack Shoot (Command Input)
- Up Special: Rising Tackle (Can be Charged, Invincible at Start) – Can be combined with other moves for recovery
- Down Special Power Dunk Down Special (Invincible at start with Command Input)
Continuing on, Masashiro Sakurai explained how to cancel special moves. Normally the neutral special goes into effect after the move animation, however if the player uses the correct command input the animation will be “cancelled” and will allow the player to activate the move right away. This can be used for other moves, although not all of them and they can also be used in the air.
Thirdly, Masashiro Sakurai explained Terry Bogard’s final special. His final smash is known as Triple Geyser. If the move successfully hits the opponent, it will then be followed up by Power Dunk and Buster Wolf.
Fourthly, Sakurai revealed that Terry’s “Super Special” moves will also be included in his moves. When Terry is at more than 100% damage or 1/3 of his health in Stamina mode a “Go” icon will appear above his character icon. By imputing the correct commands he can initiate Power Geyser or Buster Wolf.
Fifthly, Sakurai took a look at Terry’s taunts.
His taunts include:
- Up Taunt: Hey Come on, Come On
- Down Taunt: Spins his hat
- Side Taunt: Stand Up
Additionally, Terry will feature different voice variations from the various games he has appeared in.
Sixth, Sakurai took a look at Terry’s stage, which is know as King of Fighters Stadium. Unlike other stages in the game it will feature a brand new gimmick where the edges of the stage are blocked by walls. Players will be able to break opponents through the walls when they have high damage percentages, however they can also be broken at small damage percentages as well.
Seventh: Sakurai took a look a several of the cameo appearances that will be featured on the stage.
The Cameos Include:
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Tung Fu Rue
- Billy Kane
- Geese Howard
- Rock Howard
- Kim Kaphwan
- Ryuji Yamazaki
- Blue Mary
- Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier)
- Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters)
- Iori Yagami (The King of Fighters)
- Goro Daimon
- Chang Koehan
- Choi Bounge
- Ralf Jones (Ikari Warriors)
- Clark Still (Ikari Warriors)
- Ryo Sakazai (Art of Fighting)
- King (Art of Fighting)
- Yuri Sakazaki (Art of Fighting)
The various cameos will be random (although Andy Bogard will always appear on the stage) and will determine which track will be playing on the stage.
Eighth, Sakurai took a look at Terry Bogard’s classic mode, which is known as The King of Smash.
Ninth, Sakurai revealed the tracks that will be included with Terry Bogard. Unlike other fighters he will include a ton of tracks equaling up to around 50 tracks.
The music tracks include:
- Haremar Fith Capoeria School – Song of the Fight
- (Belivers Will be Saved) – FATAL FURY
- The Sea Knows – FATAL FURY
- Kurukutin – FATAL FURY 2
- Kurukutin – FATAL FURY 2
- Kuri Kinton Flavor – KOF XIV
- Pasta – FATAL FURY 2
- A New Poem That the South Thailand Wants to Tell – FATAL FURY 2
- Tarkun and Kitapy – FATAL FURY 2
- Lets Go to Seoul – FATAL FURY 2
- The London March – FATAL FURY 2
- The Working Metador – FATAL FURY 2
- Duck Dub Dub (Duck, You Too) – FATAL FURY SPECIAL
- Soy Sauce for Geese – FATAL FURY SPECIAL
- Soy Souce for Geese – KOF XIV
- Big Shot! – FATAL FURY 3
- 11th Street – FATAL FURY WILD AMBITION
- 176th Street – KOF ’99
- Ne! – KOF ’94
- Desert Requiem – Operations02UM – KOF 2002 UM
- ESAKA!! – KOF 2002 UM
- KD-0079+ – KOF 2002 UM
- W.W.III – KOF XIV
- Terry115 – KOF 2000
- Street Dancer – KOF XI
- New Order – KOF XIV
- Undercover – KOF 2002 UM
- Cutting Edge – KOF 2002 UM
- The Second Joker – KOF XIII
- Esaka Continues…. – KOF XIII
- Wild Street – KOF XIII
- Tame a Bad Boy – KOF XIII
- KDD-0063 – KOF XIII
- Yappari ESAKA – KOF XIV
- Deparature from South Town – KOF XIV
- Theme of SYD – Alpha Mission
- IKARI – KOF XIV
- Forest World – Athena
- Psycho Soldier Theme
- Psycho Soldier Theme (Overseas Version)
- ART of FIGHT – Art of Fighting
- Art of Fighting Ver.230000000.0 – FATAL FURY SPECIAL
- Tuna- SAMURAI SHOWDOWN
- Banquet of Nature – SAMURAI SHOWDOWN
- Gaia -SAMURAI SHODOWN
- Main Theme from Metal Slug – METAL SLUG
- Assault Theme – METAL SLUG 1-3
- Final Attack – METAL SLUG 1-6
- Judgement – METAL SLUG 2
- Blue Water Fangs (The Island of Dr. Monreau) – METAL SLUG 3
Tenth, Mashiro Sakurai took a short look at the Spirit Board, which features several SNK characters.
Eleventh, Sakurai revealed the next round of Mii Fighter Costumes. Each costume will be priced at $.75 each and will be available later today. None of the costumes will be apart of the Fighters Pass.
The Mii Fighter costumes include:
- Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)
- Ryo Sakazaki (Art of Fighting)
- Iori Yagami (The King of Fighters)
- Akira (Virtual Fighter)
- Jacky (Virtual Fighter)
Twelfth, Sakurai took a look at the Ver 6.0 update. In this update players will now be able to send players in the battle arena. Players who set the battle arena can now change the rules for the arena, which wasn’t possible before. Additionally, players can now set a rule where the stages can randomly change between Omega and battlefield forms. Players will also be able to change the arena to “Elite Only.” Players will also be able to access random arenas online outside of Quick Play. As long as the arena doesn’t have a password and is set to public players will be able to access them.
Thirteen, Sakurai revealed that Terry Bogard will be available today. Those who purchased the Fighters Pass will be able to access him as soon as he is available, however he is also available separately priced at $5.99. Those who purchase him separately will also receive the tracks and stage.
Lastly, Mashiro Sakurai featured a look at the full version of Terry Bogard’s intro movie.